15.2.10

Validation

A lot like Bryan, I was having a hard time submitting adjectives to Darci. Every time I entered what I thought to be an adjective, she denied it as such. At first I was a little miffed. I am an English major, and shouldn't have problems with words. But after the exercise in validation, this last Thursday, I realized why I have such a hard time. It is the fault of my exposure to the English major. Often times the simple, clear adjectives are looked upon as boring. But when I use a unique word in place of an adjective, to make an adjective, I am praised. Because of this validation scale I have altered my thinking. I rarely can think of an adjective that Darci accepts as such, because I rarely use dictionary adjectives.

1 comment:

  1. I feel terrible that I missed last class. I want to play word games. grand eloquent words are over rated in a social system where people act like they know a term but what they really mean is that they know of a term, but do not abide it.

    ReplyDelete