10.3.10

Feeling

I have concluded in my personal opinion that in some ways DARCI is much like a human. Originally she is programed with a random function. Then depending on the results of that function she begins to build associations with right and wrong. This whole process is very human. As a child we develop patterns through associations. Much like DARCI. My next question is whether or not it is possible to program feeling. A part of thinking (in my opinion) consists of how an individual feels. Feeling takes place after the initial programing/learning. So the ability to learn can be programed. As described in our discussion on randomness. So what does it mean to feel? I can't exactly say, other than I have a feeling. So what is feeling? And can it be programed?

1 comment:

  1. The word "feeling" like you said is very difficult to describe or define. Likewise that makes it even harder to program it. Part of being able to to program feeling is to be able to determine when you have done it right. If we can't define it, we can't tell when we have succeeded in emulating it on a computer.

    I don't really know what feeling is. It could be a chemical reaction inside us, subconscious processes in our brain. It could be spiritual (though amplified by our physical bodies).

    ReplyDelete