12.3.10

a letter

Dear DARCI,

I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how smart you've made me seem to people when they ask me about my art classes. "Artificial Intelligence carrying out creative processes!? Wow, you must be some sort of genius artists or something." I wasn't sure how to take this at first. It was as if a painter couldn't in anyway be as smart as someone working with artificial intelligence. And it may well be true. But I decided that it's just a different set of smarts. After all we did teach the smarty-pants Dave and Darrel what words like "painterly" and "kitschy" were yesterday.

Also, I would like to compliment you on how far you've come. While you're still young and we have a lot of teaching to do, you have done a pretty good job so far assigning adjectives to images. Kudos DARCI, kudos.

Love, Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment