26.3.10

the show, my brain, and an opinion

I had a pretty successful run at the show yesterday. 4 of the 7 pieces I entered got in. But I'm not trying to brag, rather I ask: is it possible that because I (may have) labeled more than the other people in the class (because I always feel bad that I miss class every week) that my tastes/preferences/opinions/whathaveyou that informed DARCI also inform my work, thereby making it easier for me to get into the show?

I know that Naomi doesn't like labeling. That's fine. It's not her thing. She called the days we spent downstairs in the lab like prison. Hilarious.

She wasn't as successful in getting into the show. Could this be because she didn't label as many images as me?

I just wonder what the coorelation is, if any.

Also, I wrote my sister (a mechanical engineer currently serving a mission in Nicaragua) and told her about the show. She said "Your DARCI project sounds super interesting.  I have no idea how those programmers programmed creativity.  It sounds like an oxymoron actually, programmed creativity.  But a really cool idea."

It does sound like an oxymoron. But it makes for a fun show.

No comments:

Post a Comment